*

14.8.06

This morning, I woke up (or it seemed like I woke up, anyway) and heard a cock crowing really loudly. On reflection, I think I dreamt it. The nearest farm must be ten kilometers away.

I'm back in Bergen after three long, good weeks of writing in Berlin in scorching weather. I'm now back at work on a translation project which will be helping me get through the autumn grind of finishing my master's thesis.

On the last day of my stay in Berlin, and maybe two hours after I did a backup copy of everything for the first time in three days, I came home from dinner with my friends to find that my computer had crashed. There were no discs to boot, it said. So it's off to the shops. This might influence the frequency of posting, just so you're warned.

As I was walking to the university today, there were all these big groups of fourteen-year-olds criss-crossing campus. They were holding hands with their parents and had these big, wide eyes at everything that was happening. It took me a while to realise that they were the new university students, and it made me feel really, really old. Welcome to the master's program, here's your walking cane.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susanne Christensen said...

I know! It's like a bloody anthill outside the library.

August 14, 2006 12:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's whip out the flame throwers!

August 14, 2006 12:23 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Jeg personlig får bare lyst til å gi dem buksevann.

August 14, 2006 4:34 pm  
Blogger Lasse said...

Well I'm starting to get gray hair -should I worry about this too?!
Oh fuck there goes the gray hair again!

August 14, 2006 11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home