*

3.11.04

Dear America:

I'm not mad. Just disappointed.

No, who am I kidding? I'm mad as hell and disappointed. You've elected a man who misleads you, takes your jobs, throws away the very institution he has sworn to defend in the name of power, money and his belief in himself. A man with innocent blood on his hands. You gave him your trust and you gave him your vote.

I really expected better from you, America, and while I still love you, and miss you, you've made a very, very bad choice, and I am afraid that we will all suffer for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame all of America. I would target the idiotic Christian conservatives who voted for Bush simply to deny constitutional rights to gay men and women and pregnant women.

But for the madness, I highly recommend Amerika by Rammstein. It helps.

Ginny

November 12, 2004 2:19 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Don't worry. I only blame roughly 51% of America, plus minus erroneous votes...

I haven't heard the Rammstein tune yet, but everyone is talking about it.

Incidentally, "Rammstein" was sort of my class song in high school. I heard it for the first time in years the other night and got all misty-eyed and nostalgic.

November 12, 2004 11:52 am  
Blogger Mari said...

Einmal sat eg i ein stol i eit heilt mørkt rom og høyrde på rammstein: Sehnsucht. Med vidopne auge.

Det var ei skjelsetjande oppleving og moglegeins verka det inn på at eg med tida vart tyskstudent. Eg var seksten år.

Men Amerika er møkkeirriterande.

December 21, 2004 11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home