*

5.3.06

Brand swanking new!

Welcome to the swanky new look, and a swanky new blog. It is new, therefore it is swanky. Check out the cool new blockquote thing, with the swanky quotation-mark jpg's:
swank
adj. swank·er, swank·est

1. Imposingly fashionable or elegant; grand. See Synonyms at fashionable.
2. Ostentatious; pretentious. Incredibly cool, stylish, well-made and desirable.

n.

1. Smartness in style or bearing; elegance.
2. Swagger.
I've built the new template using my old "Minima" design, which is a blogger standard template. But I got down and changed about 85% of the old style sheet with my bare hands, keeping only a couple of widths and proportions. The images (blockquotes + the header) are by myself. The header is a photoshopped picture I took in Øvre Korskirkeallmenning at the end of February. I realise that winter is already over, but that just gives me an excuse for another redesign when spring has sprung. I just had to get rid of the old design now because, quite swankly, I was pretty tired of it. Only lack of skills has kept me from redoing it.

Also, the title of the blog was getting tiresome. This blog is now called (...).

If the new look is not swanky in your browser, I would like to hear about it. Also, if the new look is not swanky according to your personal tastes, or if I've committed some horrible design flaw, please let me know. Swank you very much for your cooperation.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! it’s cool.

Og takk for i går!

March 05, 2006 7:26 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Fantastic! Takk for igår, ja.

March 05, 2006 7:29 pm  
Blogger Mikkel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 05, 2006 7:39 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

No no... swankiness.

March 05, 2006 8:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hm. My (American) English dictionary takes a slightly different approach that somehow makes swank swing a swank bit swankier:

Dictionary
swank |swa ng k| informal verb [ intrans. ] display one's wealth, knowledge, or achievements in a way that is intended to impress others : swanking about, playing the dashing young master spy.

noun
behavior, talk, or display intended to impress others : a little money will buy you a good deal of swank.

adjective
another term for swanky : coming out of some swank nightclub.

ORIGIN early 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

March 05, 2006 11:15 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

swanky |ˈswa NG kē| adjective (swankier , swankiest) informal stylishly luxurious and expensive : directors with swanky company cars. • using one's wealth, knowledge, or achievements to try to impress others.

March 05, 2006 11:17 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Which of course is perfectly ok.

March 05, 2006 11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the swank! I love blue!

March 05, 2006 11:32 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Why thank you, Mikkel.

Ø: Or peachy, if you will.

March 05, 2006 11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home