*

22.5.06

Zombie cockroaches

This is just incredibly gross and incredibly fascinating. Apparently, a parasitic wasp has evolved to prey on a certain kind of cockroach by injecting a venom into its brain. The cockroach then becomes completely pliant, and allows the wasp to lead it back to its burrow by its antennas, where the wasp lays eggs, and suddenly, we're in Ridley Scott/Sigourney Weaver country. Check out the bottom of the comment thread too, for perspectives from the researcher himself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikkel said...

This is some fucked up shit.

By the way, what happened with your plan to separate the English from the Norwanish, blögwize?

May 23, 2006 10:58 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

It is coming. I'm doing (...) v.2.0. When I put it in place, I will also separate the blogs. I originally wanted to have two separate designs, but I see now that that's unfeasible.

May 23, 2006 11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home