*

20.7.06

World Jump Day

I just found out that today is world jump day. In about an hour and fiftyseven minutes, 600 million non-existing people are going to jump to attempt to change the world's orbit. Fortunately

a) It's fake, an art project.

b) It's impossible to do so.

To quote House of Pain:
I came to get down , I came to get down, So get out ya seats and jump around. Jump around. Jump around. Jump around. Jump up Jump up and get down. Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump Jump (everybody jump!) Jump Jump (etc.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaute said...

Actually, you got the time wrong, as did all the Norwegian media I saw reporting it. GMT is not corrected for daylight saving, so 11.39 GMT in the summertime would correspond to 13.39 in Norway, not 12.39. Maybe that's why it didn't work?

July 21, 2006 6:14 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Well, I was looking at the page when it happened, and it said to jump now. I don't know when that was. Maybe the timer on my blog is not corrected for DST?

July 22, 2006 3:59 am  
Blogger Gaute said...

Well, the jump people seem to be based in the same time zone as us, so it's not unlikely that they got it wrong as well. Still, I didn't feel the earth move at either time. As if it would.

July 22, 2006 11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home