*

24.2.07

Here's an interesting lecture by Richard Rorty on pragmatist ethics, Dewey and Posner from The University of Chicago Law School.

I'm rereading Consequences of Pragmatism and Contingency, Irony and Solidarity by Rorty, because I'm using him in one of the analysis chapters of my MA thesis. It's interesting to return to old books which were incredibly important in formulating a philosophic position when I was fresh out of high school. I'm still strongly in the pragmatist camp, but I find that I'm much more critical of Rorty now. I have spent a lot of time thinking about pragmatism and ethics (the two subjects I focused most on when I did a grunnfag in philosophy) ever since, particularly because of the strong links this branch of philosophy has with literature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home