*

13.6.07

This photo I took in Vigelandsparken, which I called "Punishment", has been viewed 11.640 times. That's - in technical terms - absolutely insane. That's ten times more than any other photo I've taken, despite nobody having favorited it (and why not? It's a perfectly cromulent shot). I'm having a little trouble understanding why, though. It's a member of two very large pools, which shouldn't make much of a difference, and I've only linked to it from my blog once. So why has it become so popular? Is it being used by some other page, perhaps?

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Larsen said...

Hast thou considered the title of said photo? I guess you would have got a zillion more hits if you had called it "sexy nurses".

June 14, 2007 9:12 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Actually, I have a couple of shots with things like "cock" and "pussy" in the tags (or something, I forget which). They get huge amounts of hits too, but never more than, say, 110.

And "punishment", while generic, is surely too common to get me 11 thousand hits?

June 14, 2007 9:51 am  
Blogger Peter Larsen said...

hmm ... or sadomasochism is more widespread than we thought ...

June 14, 2007 9:58 am  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

12,319 at this count.

rec'd an email from flickrite reyguy not too long ago whose pic of a klu klux klan protest had been picked up by a small news service, hosted from Flickr, and he saw something like 30K views in 24 hrs -- agree that most likely someone's serving yours up within a site that receives a reasonable number of hits.

the fact that nobody has commented also implies that folks outside the flickr community are probably peeking in.

numbers like that sometimes indicate that you made Explore -- but I just checked Scout and that doesn't appear to be the case.

if they used proper credit you should be able to google it as soon as it indexes -- given the growth curve it may be a fairly recently built page.

June 14, 2007 1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home