*

22.10.07

And after the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, now for some really important news: it turns out that Albus Dumbledore is gay. And I don't mean cheerful.

The funny thing is, this actually occured to me in the last book. It struck me that the relationship Dumbledore had to Grindelwald was actually a pretty sneaky depiction of a youthful crush. I guess that a boarding school that big would have to have some homosexuality in it.

And just think: fanfic writers the world over are working themselves into a lather as we speak. It's christmas morning for them.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristoffer Jul-Larsen said...

I think it was Per Lønning, the bishop, who said something along the lines that "Most boys experience something similar to a crush towards a male friend during adolescence. That doesn't necessarily make them gay." I think that might be true.

This is also an excellent opportunity to remind everyone of the interesting essay Is Harry Potter gay?, about the magic of fairies. Published by NAMBLA.

October 22, 2007 10:41 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

To quote men in prison the world over: "just because I have sex with men, doesn't mean I'm gay.

I kept waiting for an "...or NAMBLA"-joke in your comment.

October 22, 2007 1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home