*

11.5.08

Benediction of eggs

Speaking of things bacon, I've been meaning to share this video of Gordon Ramsey making scrambled eggs:



I hate Ramsey's tv persona (maybe he isn't a drill-sergeant dickhead off screen, but who knows?), but I have to hand it to him: I have made scrambled eggs this way 5 times now, and they turn out perfect every time. This one is a life-changer, folks. I am never making scrambled eggs the old way again. I think this recipe achieves wisped oviary nirvana.

(oh, and obviously, you add bacon to this. C'mon, Ramsey: just tomatoes and mushrooms? What are you, a girl?)

2 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

I gasped when dolloped in the crème fraîche.

thanks for this. can't wait to try it.

May 12, 2008 1:26 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

Do! But be careful with the creme fraiche. The mistake I make the most is to put in too much creme fraiche, which makes the eggs lose their definition and become runny and liquid. They still taste great, though.

Oh, and you can never have too much chives, just chop them finely.

I made sourdough boules this morning, and had these eggs with them. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of the sourdough thing.

May 12, 2008 7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home