*

6.11.08

Because I hate factchecking for nothing

...I give you a response I made in the thread on Cory Bookers deeply offensive comment which shocked - shocked - me.*
It just seems like a weird comment when I live in a city (Oslo) which has a 25 % immigrant population, when immigration is the #1 wedge issue in Norwegian politics and when you look at the charts for number of immigrants as a percentage of population:

US: 12 %
Norway: 7.5 %.
South Korea: 1.1 %

Which means Norway has a per capita immigrant population the ballpark of such homogenous cultures as the UK (9%) and Russia (8.5%). We are an ethnically diverse nation, and one in every 13 people you meet here will not have been born here.

The big question is, though: do we celebrate our racial deliciousness? To that, I’d have to say that some of us do, some of us (e.g. 1/3rd of the country who vote Progress Party) don’t.


* I'm kidding, obviously - but I still felt it needed a response.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I hate factchecking for nothing

There you go with the "facts" again. Here in the US, now that we've conquered racism, we focus on hope.

November 06, 2008 10:29 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

I hear you - but what hope coefficient are you using in your model? And what percentage of rascism was conquered? Show your work.

November 06, 2008 11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home