*

2.10.08

Specifics

A thing I've noticed:

Sarah Palin has now, in several interviews, used the following phrasing. In reference to which newspapers she reads, which constitutional rulings she disagrees with, and other completely non-essential issues:

Interviewer:
Name me a specific case of X.

Palin:
I can name you specific cases of X. You know, I think it's important in terms of X bla bla bla. So, you know, X.

Interviewer:
And what specific case of X are you thinking about?

[At which point she says basically more of the same, and you scream in agony and close the window you were looking at.]

So she specifically says that she can name specific cases of whatever it is (newspapers, constitutional law cases. Y'know: elitist things), and then reveals that she can't. Anyway, watch for it. As Michael Bérubé says, it's like watching a student try to fake a term paper in real time. Which, btw, is exactly the feeling I got watching that "all under the umbrella of job creation"-answer, which Tina Fey repeated verbatim in the Saturday Night Live sketch.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the other hand, since when did ignorance and incoherent speech stop anyone from getting elected to the presidency?

October 02, 2008 10:32 pm  
Blogger mrtn said...

Oh, right. I forgot. That was over in fantasy land.

October 03, 2008 11:56 pm  
Blogger Molly said...

It's an embarrassment to be from the U.S.A. (I say in embarrassment... since I'm from there). Palin - big sigh... it's a sad, sad state of affairs.

October 08, 2008 1:50 am  
Blogger mrtn said...

I hope you'll remember that on election day, Molly! Are you registered to vote?

October 08, 2008 9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home